Tuesday 28 August 2012

Low Carb – High Protein Pizza Recipe

Now I know everyone has their favorite cheat meal and for me its pizza, I've loved it since I can remember. As you know I love coming up with healthier versions of all kinds of foods and this is my low carb-high protein pizza recipe. Like all my recipes you can adjust the ingredients and amounts to fit your own daily macros and personal taste.

Ingredients:

1 large wholemeal tortilla wrap/ 2 small wholemeal tortilla wraps
2 tbs Tomato Purée
low fat cheese
low fat mozzarella
Handful of Spinach
3 Mushrooms
Half green pepper
1 green chillie
180g chicken breast
Basil
Garlic Salt
Paprika

Firstly weight out your chicken breast, season then cook in the oven as you normally would for 40 minutes.

Step 1: take a wholemeal tortilla wrap (1 large or 2 small) and add 2 tbs of tomato purée/paste (I added some Peri Peri sauce too).



Step 2: Add some low fat cheese and veg of your choice (I added spinach, chillies, mushrooms and green pepper).




Step 3: Add 180g of cooked chicken and top with low fat/fat free mozzarella then sprinkle of herbs/spices of your choice (I added basil, garlic salt and paprika).



Step 4: Cook under the grill until the cheese has melted and the base has gone crispy (5-7 minutes).


Below is another low carb pizza I made on a large wholemeal tortilla wrap using sweetcorn and yellow peppers as well.



Step 5: ENJOY!!

Let me know what you think of the pizza and what toppings you used by either commenting below or tweeting me @AestheticLifest


No comments:

Post a Comment